I’m going to do something a little different for this week’s version. Instead of showing 10 links to different cool things I’ve found around the web lately…
I’m going to share with you 10 Awesome (New-to-me) Blogs.
While doing work lately on planning new things for my blog, I’ve come across a few new favorite blogs!
- Kate of Striped Cat Studio. I’ve actually known of Kate for a little while, since she participates in Blog Brunch. Her Alt Summit business cards included a little paper doll cat, how awesome, right? I also love her play on words, with her “Week-Caps” at the end of the week.
- Laura of LBeau Room. She’s a Roller Derby girl. And she posts cute pictures of her cats. She also included a picture from Firefly of Nathan Fillion in a recent post. I think we are destined to be friends. (She just doesn’t know it yet… but she will soon. I also hope that doesn’t sound creepy.)
- Elise of enJOY it. I first came across this awesome post about creating content, but I’m seriously in love with her entire blog now. She has a bunch of great goal setting posts, but her DIY and craft tutorials make me feel like she has more talent in her pinky finger than I could ever dream of having. She made this gorgeous quilt with some amazing fabrics, great pillows, and a fun ribbon dreamcatcher.
- Kellene of This Lovely Little Day. She’s a fellow ginger with an amazing sense of fashion. I’m still trying to figure out if I can pull of the shorts + tights look. (Which I’ve been trying to figure out for at least a year now.)
- Lidy of Hello Lidy. First of all, her blog is adorable. And her two little ones? They are even cuter than her blog.. if it’s even possible. She posts really cute DIY’s.
- Anita of Anita Boeira. Anita is also destined to be my friend. She recently posted about the really cute valentine’s dress she made. She has a very cute little house, and posts pretty awesome DIY’s and fun projects to make!
- Laura of sweeter salt. She’s a fellow Mainer and has a great sense of style.
- Mariah of Oh, What Love. She spoke at Alt along with Jessika Hepburn, Emily Frame + Mina Brinkey and they shared an ebook about Getting Past Zero here… which I found to be awesome, I got a ton of information out of it. Mariah did a great post with an inspiration playlist. She has a series called Theme Thursday… I particularly like this one with a mustache theme.
- Lessy of Little Lessy. She wrote some great recaps of Alt Summit. I love the idea of a seasonal gallery wall. I love how she does her monthly goal posts… I should definitely use more pictures/graphics when doing my goal posts!
- Marigold of Hideous! Dreadful! Stinky! She also wrote some great posts about Alt Summit. From her favorite quotes to how she prepared. I love the idea of personalizing proposals for different sponsors… and I hope to do something similar if this blog ever gets huge and I look at gaining sponsors. Every summer she does a skirt and dress sewing and wearing challenge called The Summer of No Pants, which I am hoping to participate in. I’m a beginner sewer, and I figure this might be a great way to get some practice! I also love these Harry Potter Birthday Party invites. Marigold taught a design camp at Alt on how to make Yo-Yo necklaces. Alicia, who was there, made a Yo-Yo headband, which I love. I got a Yo-Yo maker a while ago in one of my package swaps… I am definitely going to try to do this!
I hope maybe I’ve helped you to find a new blog or two to read!
P.S. What are some of your favorite blogs to read?